17 October 2013

I'm ACTUALLY an Aimeless Wanderer

Okay, so maybe I'm not completely aimless but I am wandering that's for sure!  So my friend, Lauren, told me she'd updated her blog and 101 list and suggested I do the same.  I've thought about it and have been putting it off, but here I am.  My goal is to document progress on my original 101 list by the end of next week and then work on an updated list.

Now, onto my wanderer status.  For the last year or so I'd been itching for some change.  I love Baltimore, but I was "over" Baltimore.  Then, I was laid off from my job at the end of the school year.  Hello, change!  A month later, a friend asked me to house and cat sit in Easton for a few weeks in July/August.  At which point I decided I should end my lease, put my things in storage, and move out of my house.  Hello again, change!

After my time in Easton, I spent a week in North Carolina at the lovely Outer Banks and then the true wandering began.  Now I spend my time either at my mom's place or on the couch/spare bed of a friend.  Two months in, I'm ready for a home.  I miss living in a smoke-free home (my step-dad smokes IN the house).  I miss wandering the house in my undies.  I miss being alone sometimes.  I think I'm ready to say hello to change again very, very soon.

Come on, job interviews!!



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hurray for an update! :)
You can always wander in your undies in our place! You have a key! :)
Living in a place where even just one person smokes would drive me insane. My in-laws were here overnight, smoked outside, and I still felt like I had to fumigate the entire house. Oh, maybe it's because they stink.
Anyway, I can't wait to see what's on your new 101 list. And I hope that you find an awesome job VERY soon. Are you giving any thought to Salisbury?

Aimless Wanderer said...

Lauren, I've been considering your offer more and more lately.

I haven't given any thought to Salisbury. I'm not sure how I feel about Salisbury.