16 November 2013

Roses and Thorns

Last summer I worked for a super fun family.  Each day at dinner they did something called "Roses and Thorns" where each person told a highlight/good thing (rose) and a low or tough moment (thorn) that happened.  I believe they got this tradition from the First Family.  I'm going to share my Rose and Thorn for the week.

Let's start with the Thorn.  On Thursday, I found out the job I'd been interviewing for was offered to the other candidate.  A bummer for sure, but I'd started to get that feeling when I hadn't heard any thing by Monday.  The search continues!

My Rose this week definitely has to be hanging out with two of the snuggliest cats ever in DC.  


I'm house/cat sitting for a friend's neighbor and am really enjoying my time here so far.  I get to see one of my besties pretty often and it feels like I'm in college as I go downstairs in my pajamas and flip flops to get something from his apartment or use his microwave.  I am also planning to check a couple things off my 101 List!  Stay tuned!

No comments: